Packer Trainer – UT
Position Open In:
- Ogden, UT
The Trainer position consists of being on the floor, training new employees on the day to day functions of a Packer.
The Trainer position consists of being on the floor, training new employees on the day to day functions of a Packer as they develop the necessary skills and knowledge to identify quality defects and properly complete all required documentation; including, but not limited to classroom training, and inspecting Packer paperwork for errors. Assuring all lines are running quality product including proper labeling procedures and bundle wrapping.
Essential Job Functions and Skills:
• Good communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
• Ability to identify areas of improvement within newly hired personnel; retrain as needed
• Ability to perform basic math calculations
• Ability to read tape measuring devices such as micrometers, tape measures and calipers
• Perform all required testing and inspections
• Ability to identify all defects associated with product production
• Provide corresponding product labels
• Understanding of product variations / Profiles
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to inspect rejected/returned racks and bundles within facility or in other location, on company property
• Ability to move parts from one full rack to another for inspection purposes, as needed
• Ability to work 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week, as scheduled, with flexibility to work on the night shift as needed
• Ability to perform packing / banding, as necessary
• Ability to obtain forklift certification
Application for Employment
Complete all necessary information. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. You may be asked to provide additional information on another form at a later time. This application will be kept on file. It is to your advantage periodically check to keep it current and active.