Vinyl purchase maintenance guide!*
Is a normal rain or the use of a water hose just not doing a great job of keeping your vinyl fence, deck or rail’s sheen and luster?
These safe options and techniques will do the trick.
Please read the entire post before you begin cleaning.
• Always use the cleaner according to the manufacturer’s directions.
• Use a soft, clean cloth to apply the cleaner.
• Apply the cleaner to the cloth.
• Clean only a small portion of the surface at one time.
• After cleaning, rinse off the surface as completely as possible.
For general cleaning, the following can be used:
– Ivory (Soap and water solution)
– Formula 409
– Spic and Span
– Scrubbing Bubbles
– Simple Green
– Pine Sol
FOR heavy CLEANING, use the following
but remove immediately after use:
– Soft Scrub, Soft Scrub with Bleach (may slightly abrade surface)
– Bug & Tar Remover
DO NOT USE:
– Goof Off
– Cleaners containing esters, ethers, ketones, aromatic and chlorinated hydrocarbons, citric acid (with Orange)
– Bleach can be used to remove stains in a white surface.
– Apply a liquid bleach to a paper or cloth towel.
– Place the towel over a portion of the stain.
– Keep the towel moist for a period of at least 5 minutes.
– Remove the towel and wash off the bleach as thoroughly as possible.
– Repeat the application of the towel and bleach, if necessary.
*This information is provided for your guidance only. We urge you to make all tests you deem appropriate prior to use.
No warranties, either expressed or implied, including warranties or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose,
are made regarding products described or information set forth, or that such products or information may be used
without infringing patents of others.